Make-Up Artist magazine’s features candid videos of award-winning make-up artists telling the good, the bad and the ugly details of working behind the scenes with celebrity make-up artist Mary Greenwell. Mary Greenwell’s name is synonymous with fashion make up and beauty. For more than 20 years, she has been one of the world’s most sought-after make up artists. She started her career while living in LA selling the exclusive make up line Il Makiage at Fiorucci. At the request of make up artist and owner of Il Makiage, Ilana Harkavi, Mary’s first job was making up the 14 year-old Brook Shields for photographer Scavullo in New York. Mary is especially well known for helping transform Princess Diana from a young, camera-shy girl into a confident, beautiful woman. She now makes up the faces of celebrity beauties such as Uma Thurman, Cate Blanchet, Gwyneth Paltrow and Kate Winslet. To watch the video click here.
IL Makiage Professional Mineral Makeup have the tools to create runway looks. The library Books feature 12 shadows in one compact book, which comes in eight different colors. Makeup artist Rae Morris is a fan of the comprehensive kits to suite all skin tones. The Lipstick & Gloss kits feature an array of shades from the most neutral to the deepest hues.
We have created three spectacular looks to spin all eyes to your direction and for each look we have collected IL Makiage products. You don’t have to be a Makeup artist to get the Runway look you have always wanted. Enjoy!
“I have a total love of sexy packaging and surfing around the web I recently found the Jericho Premium range of skincare products at the Mineral Miracle. A premium brand needs premium packaging and Jericho have certainly achieved this with the deep red packaging contrasting strikingly with silver detail – love it!”
To read the full article please click here.
This week the Zen Cart store in the spotlight is The Mineral Miracle, an online store that specializes in the mineral makeup and skin care from the Dead Sea. This e-commerce solution, based on Zen Cart, is the complete package for online shoppers – a one-stop-shop for mineral-based products with gift ideas for the season, great promotions and specials, guides to ‘get the look’ and more.
For the full article click here.
Summer makeup should not be heavy and is mostly aimed at protecting the skin from exposure to sun. Here are some tips from Rae Morris the makeup guru to keep your makeup last longer and keep you looking fresh:
- Match your foundation to your body color- not the jaw line. Use a liquid mineral foundation with a brush for a Luminas glowing complexion. Conceal after the foundation- not before.
- Choose a golden/bronzie powder eye shadow (or any color that is opposite your eye color) and firstly pat on eyelid for a perfect blend. Apply IL Makiage Gold liquid shimmer on the inside corner of the eye to get the “magazine look” glimmer.
- Choose a bronze eye liner and apply on top of the eye and at the bottom corner. Don’t run it all the way across which pulls the eyes down.
- To create a perfect lip bow, use IL Makiage Gold liquid shimmer and apply on top of the lip using a brush. You will instantly see a sexy lip shape.
- For the cheeks, choose a pinky shinny shade blush and don’t smile when applying it. Smiling will cause a lower application, which considered being an aging technique.
- For the lashes use a curler and than a black/brown mascara.
- Finish with a soft lip-gloss.