Professional makeup artists know the importance of cleaning makeup brushes for the health of the skin, to get the best makeup application and to make sure that contamination doesn’t occur from used and dirty makeup brushes as well as to help them last as long as possible to protect your investment.
Makeup brushes can become coated not only with makeup residue, but also with body oils and dead skin, making them havens for bacteria that will decrease the life of your brush, negatively affect the proper application of makeup and can also cause skin problems and possible infection.
Cleaning makeup brushes doesn’t take long and it will help your brushes last longer and perform much better with some simple tips. Makeup brushes should be thoroughly cleaned at least once a week or more often if you use them daily with heavy makeup or multiple colors.
1. Take your shampoo and squeeze a dime size into your hand.
2. Wet your hand with water and gently coat each brush with the soap.
3. Being very carful & gentle chafe the brustles letting all the soap in.
4. Pinch out the soapy under water from the base to the tip until water runs clear.
5. Grab a conditioner and dab each brush into a tiny amount of conditioner in your palm.
6. Rinse well while pinching the water away from base to tip until they don’t feel slick.
7. Let brushes lay flat on the edge of your sink/counter.
Do this at night & by morning you have a bacteria, grime & oil FREE clean brushes. Your face will thank you.