It turns out beauty is more than skin deep. The average person slathers, lathers, rubs and sprays 10 different skin care products on his or her body every day – and since our skin acts more like a sponge than a barrier, we absorb the nearly 130 chemicals we regularly expose ourselves to.
There is not a woman that isn’t concerned with wrinkles, whether it’s the little ones creeping in around the eyes, the big red ones you sometimes get from how you slept to the deep wrinkles that will never go.
Eight easy steps to help you fight the wrinkle onslaught:
1. Gentle exfoliation helps to get rid of dull skin flakes and boosts cell renewal which is the key to a vibrant, fresh complexion.
2. Sun protection must be worn to help prevent wrinkles, lines and age spots; you need to wear sun protection all year round.
3. Massage you skin; Just a few minutes of daily facial massage will really boost circulation, improve skin tone and may also help your daily moisturisers ingredients penetrate deeper.
4. Use radiance enhancing products to blur imperfections and also reduce their impact. If you wear make-up you can also conceal these pigmentation and age spots as well as choosing foundation designed for older skin types with radiance boosting affects.
5. Use Firming neck creams; richer than face creams and can have ingredients to help prevent necklace look of lines around your neck.
6. Keep your make-up light. Using too much foundation and powder can make your skin look mask like and more wrinkled. Try using Mineral make-up which has a softer finish than traditional make-up products. A natural toned bronzer will give a healthy glow and a sheer lipstick that has a non drying formula will make you look much fresher. You could also try have your eyebrows shaped and tinted and also have your eyelashes tinted, it really makes a huge difference to your appearance.
Nica Lewis, head consultant for cosmetic research at Mintel, told CosmeticsDesign.com that foundation offers more than just a pick-me-up. Lewis said women have started to view foundation as a necessary addition to their make-up bags because it now offers them more than ever before. Instead of simply masking blemishes, foundation is being marketed as a necessary tool in the defense of skin health. Reflecting this idea is the rapid development in recent years of foundations that contain antioxidants or position themselves as anti-ageing products.
7. Follow the instructions. For anti aging creams to really make a difference you need to apply the recommended amount daily for at least six weeks. don’t expect them all to work instantly, use them until you finish them.
8. Throw away any products you’ve had for over two years, they will have gone off, most products now have a symbol on the packaging somewhere of a little jar and a number, this is how long you should keep it for from the day of opening the jar. Also get rid of any old make-up, mascara over a year old should be chucked and you shouldn’t use anything over two years old. Do wash your make-up brushes weekly, you might find if you’re getting regular breakouts it could be from your make-up brushes.