The 5 most important rules you should follow using foundation
1. Always use fresh makeup. Pay attention to the expiration date on the cosmetics: if it’s past its date, don’t use it.
2. Keep the skin clean by washing twice a day in warm water and mild soap.
3. Without exception, remove the foundation and other cosmetics nightly before going to bed.
4. If using a liquid foundation, don’t apply it thickly. Apply it with a light touch and layer it in areas that need more coverage.
5. Keep all cosmetics applicators, including sponges, brushes, and fingers, clean and free of bacteria.